.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Happy Birthday Baby Bro..

My youngest brother turns 18 today. (Im almost 30) Instead of a family celebration he's in military college going through boot camp.

I'm very proud of him. I hate I wont be able to call and wish him a good one.

---------
In a sibling recap..

Well, my oldest younger brother John died 10 months and 2 days ago of a drug overdose. He was 25. It still hurts, but at least the memories are not as painful. I can see the fun and love .. grief doesn't overshadow everything.

I miss you John.

-----
My middle brother, 24, is going to be loosing the best thing he has in his life, His wife and daughter if he doesn't straighten up and fly right. A recent 3 days in county jail for DUI (he didn't even call her to tell her where he was) was probably the last straw. I can't blame her. Julia, you will always have a welcome waiting for you and the baby where ever I am.

--------
My sister, 22, seems to be (finally) on the right track. She's given up coke .. cocaine that is.. after hitting bottom at 85 lbs. She still seems to have an affinity for men that use her as a punching bag. Her once flawless face has been scarred. I can only hope she can change things. I don't even know how to get ahold of her anymore. All she has is a cell she never answers.

--------
Back to littlest brother... Josh, I'm proud of you for trying to get your life togehter. I can't even tell you how happy I am too see you going to college. You saw the light alot sooner than the others. I'm sure John's passing had much to do with that. I'm glad some good came of it. I'm always here if you ever need anything.

Happy birthday. >:D<

3 Comments:

  • I can't believe that 10 months have passed. :( I am glad to hear that the pain isn't quite so bad.

    I want to hug you and it's YOU that I am proud of, Red. ;)

    By Blogger smizzo, at 9:50 PM  

  • God Bless you, Jenn! Time flies even with bad things....Hugs to ya....If you need to talk just let me know.

    Tina

    By Blogger Love, at 12:34 AM  

  • Shannon: I know where to find you... mwa wawawa.. >:D<

    Some Girl: It means alot to me, really. It's not been an easy year but I think I've done ok. Thanks for bearing with me over the course...

    Tina: Where have ya been hun? Whenever I do manage to find the time to get online you're never around. It doesnt help that Les and I are keeping in tough by phone now, due to his inet probs. I'm glad you're still with us. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home