.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Weird things that freak me out

I recently started thinking of things that give me the heebie – geebies. They are not ‘normal’ things. Of course I’m not a normal kinda woman either.

Hair in the drain: Ok I shed a lot of hair when I shampoo. I usually run my fingers through my hair to collect the loose ones. Then I ball them up and throw them away. However, there are always some that get away. Once the wookie starts to interfere with water drainage I go buy Drain-O. Why? Because the thought of getting that hair out of the drain just makes me cringe, even if I can see it. I don’t know why. It just creeps me out to think of it; slimy, wet, gooey, god only knows what might be growing on it, touching it... ugh bleah!!

Ashes in water: I smoke, most of my family smokes. Ashtrays need to be washed from time to time. I know this. I fully comprehend this. I can wash an ashtray, but it has to be my way. My mother has a bad habit of doing the dishes and then dropping the ashtrays into the water to do last. Fine, that’s her way. But if I go behind her to drain the sink or finish the dishes for her and feel that nasty, gritty, ashy water I nut up. It will have me cursing her and scrubbing my hands for the next five minutes. Nope... I don’t know why.

There are other things, but these are the only two I can think of right now.

What’s your strange fear/aversion?

2 Comments:

  • I'm usually easy going, but GREASY dishwater irks me and the psycho downstairs has this strange habit of putting TRASH in the sink. Now, the sink is 3 feet from the trash can. One step. WHY?

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 7:34 AM  

  • Horseflies, i am absolutely terrified of the little fuckers. I wont even go outside if one has been spotted.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home