.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Weird things that freak me out

I recently started thinking of things that give me the heebie – geebies. They are not ‘normal’ things. Of course I’m not a normal kinda woman either.

Hair in the drain: Ok I shed a lot of hair when I shampoo. I usually run my fingers through my hair to collect the loose ones. Then I ball them up and throw them away. However, there are always some that get away. Once the wookie starts to interfere with water drainage I go buy Drain-O. Why? Because the thought of getting that hair out of the drain just makes me cringe, even if I can see it. I don’t know why. It just creeps me out to think of it; slimy, wet, gooey, god only knows what might be growing on it, touching it... ugh bleah!!

Ashes in water: I smoke, most of my family smokes. Ashtrays need to be washed from time to time. I know this. I fully comprehend this. I can wash an ashtray, but it has to be my way. My mother has a bad habit of doing the dishes and then dropping the ashtrays into the water to do last. Fine, that’s her way. But if I go behind her to drain the sink or finish the dishes for her and feel that nasty, gritty, ashy water I nut up. It will have me cursing her and scrubbing my hands for the next five minutes. Nope... I don’t know why.

There are other things, but these are the only two I can think of right now.

What’s your strange fear/aversion?

3 Comments:

  • I'm usually easy going, but GREASY dishwater irks me and the psycho downstairs has this strange habit of putting TRASH in the sink. Now, the sink is 3 feet from the trash can. One step. WHY?

    -G

    By Blogger Garrison Steelle, at 7:34 AM  

  • The one single thing that will give me the heebeegeebees is those flying "b" things......yanno the 3 letter variety...freaks me out and makes my skin crawl just to even say the word.

    If ya can't figure out what I'm talkin about, tough, you can just suffer cuz I'm not!

    *shudders at the thought*

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4:10 PM  

  • Horseflies, i am absolutely terrified of the little fuckers. I wont even go outside if one has been spotted.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home