.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Feking PC

I have worms. Ok, a little clarification... my computer has worms. Doing the restore on my system wiped out all of my updates, security settings, and safety software. As a result, when I went online to download all that stuff again my PC welcome mat was out.

One lowly bug found me. You know the one, the one that is unloved and rejected. Every pc in the free world is closed to it. Its friends now shun it. It hasn’t had a date for months. Then… it saw… (insert Jaws soundtrack) my PC, unprotected, defenseless, and virginal in its uncorrupted state.

That bug is now a hero in malware/virus/worm circles. It must have sent out keg party invites to every bad entity it knew. Keg (or Meg in this case) party! Location: Red’s PC. Time: As long as she will let us stay. Bring your own data miner/corrupter and get in free!

So my pc trouble is still troublesome. It’s getting better, one inventive cursing fit, uh I mean error correction, at a time.

((( update: viruses, worms and annoyances are fixed!!)))

3 Comments:

  • i had the same thing happen to mine bout 10 months ago,, reformatted and everything,, got online to get the codes for my virus program and BAM got hit with the blaster worm,,, go download SYGATE firewall an put it on a disk,, that way if you have to reformat again, you'll always have a firewall you can put right back on your comp so it doesnt happen again,, HUGS HUN,, also AVG has one of the best virus programs out there too,, it's really good AND it's free ;)

    By Blogger reesie, at 4:04 AM  

  • Happened to me last year and i was using the paid for versions of anti virus and fire wall!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 AM  

  • I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why we shouldn't hunt down the authors of worms and viruses and pummel them with the cases of all the PCs they've ruined. There is NO justifiable reason for EVER writing a worm!

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home