.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Technical Difficulties

I've had a complete system meltdown over the last few days. I had to do a full restore, oh goody. I'm working on reinstalling everything I've done/changed/added in the last 9 months since I did my last complete system backup.

Let's see.. my system is not finding/installing my: add-on RAM, new Video card, cam, printer, hell it took me 3 hours to get all the hardware conflicts taken care of to get the friken modem to work.

And then.. and then.. there are still a few dozen megs of windows updates I need to download... on DIAL UP. I hate po-dunk Georgia. It's still offical... dial up sucks syphilitic donkey dick. You heard it here first.

Hopefully, all this will be taken care of by tomorrow evening, may the gods be willing, and assuming I don't take a hatchet to this 20 lb paperweight. At that point I'll regal you with anal beads, lawn mowers, and the trip to a theme park I took w/ my kid today.

5 Comments:

  • Poor you! When mine goes bananas i never know what to do and end up paying out a fortune. Have a great weekend

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 AM  

  • Good luck.

    By Blogger portuguesa nova, at 10:03 AM  

  • anal beads?

    Well, at least you have my attention!

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 8:50 PM  

  • Thank Goodness for restore. I know I'd be lost! Good downloading!!

    By Blogger Love, at 1:30 AM  

  • Glad your back and in one peice even though pc isnt lol...atleast u can blog and u know if all else fails u have my number and a few others so if u start getting the bends or if it happens again...call one of us and VENT your heart out.

    By Blogger Moon, at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home