.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Theme Park

Now that I have a funtioning PC I can actually have a web presence again. Yay!!! So .. old news... well a week old anyway..

Wild Adventures

On a rather spur of the moment whim, I took my son to Wild Adventures on (last)Friday. Wild Adventures is a combination zoo and rollercoaster park. We had a blast. It is not quite the start of the season so we had NO lines. I say again NO lines!!! The majority of the time we were the only people on the ride. Fun, Fun, Fun.

James rides most of the adult rides. He is after all pushing 5 feet tall (at 8! God help me I’m going to be looking up to scold him soon)

The few that were too scary he watched me ride. If it was open one of us rode it, usually both of us. We rode them all, from kiddy rides to big major G force coasters. We walked up the ramp to a large and forbidding coaster (in James’ eyes); there were loops, swoops and a group of 4 adults screaming their lungs out as we got to the loading dock. The operator looks at my son who quickly, very quickly, pipes up, "I’m not getting on that thing. I’m just gonna watch my momma".

The lady operator told him that was fine, and tried to control the twitching lips that betrayed her desire to laugh. When I loaded up, in the front seat, no floor below me, and a head support with a large piece bitten out, I began to feel a tad of worry. Looking over I could see my son sitting happily on the stool the woman had behind the counter. He smiled and waved and I was gone man! GREAT freaking ride!

And I think I earned a few more super mom points for not screaming like a fool.

3 Comments:

  • A couple of years ago my son made me rides Englans biggest roller coaster, i've never been the same since!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 AM  

  • Sounds like a great day. I have never been a screamer myself, oddly enough I laugh hysterially lol

    By Blogger Moon, at 2:54 PM  

  • Don't ya just wanna cuff your friends upside the head some days?

    By Blogger Moon, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home