.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, March 24, 2005

It's the oddest things

Driving to work today I notice two "happy birthday" mylar balloons tangled up in a power line. I had an almost instantaneous process of thoughts that led to why there were there.

Scenario 1:

Birthday person gets out of her/his car. Their hands are full of the assorted odds and ends one sometimes gets from co-workers. The family dog comes running to great it's master/mistress jumps up and knocks everything to the ground. Bye bye balloons.

Scenario 2:

Crossing the street to check the mail after getting home birthday person is hit by a car. Balloons ascend heavenward as the distasted comes to a bone breaking conclusion.

Scenario 3:

Women comes home to boyfriend on front lawn holding balloons and offering kisses. After she takes the balloons he nonchalantly pull a ring box from his back pocket and drops to one knee. The balloons slip free from her now nerveless fingers.

All of this I saw in less time than it took me to travel 1/2 a block in my car. Sometimes the strangest things can send me down a "what if/how did it happen/why is that there" train of thought. Sometimes I end up in left field, sometimes I just end up where the pavement ends and the dirt roads of my mind take me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home