.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, March 24, 2005

It's the oddest things

Driving to work today I notice two "happy birthday" mylar balloons tangled up in a power line. I had an almost instantaneous process of thoughts that led to why there were there.

Scenario 1:

Birthday person gets out of her/his car. Their hands are full of the assorted odds and ends one sometimes gets from co-workers. The family dog comes running to great it's master/mistress jumps up and knocks everything to the ground. Bye bye balloons.

Scenario 2:

Crossing the street to check the mail after getting home birthday person is hit by a car. Balloons ascend heavenward as the distasted comes to a bone breaking conclusion.

Scenario 3:

Women comes home to boyfriend on front lawn holding balloons and offering kisses. After she takes the balloons he nonchalantly pull a ring box from his back pocket and drops to one knee. The balloons slip free from her now nerveless fingers.

All of this I saw in less time than it took me to travel 1/2 a block in my car. Sometimes the strangest things can send me down a "what if/how did it happen/why is that there" train of thought. Sometimes I end up in left field, sometimes I just end up where the pavement ends and the dirt roads of my mind take me.

3 Comments:

  • I LOVE where your mind takes you!

    -G

    By Blogger Garrison Steelle, at 3:19 PM  

  • Let's follow that road and see where it goes...

    By Blogger Silly Old Bear, at 5:47 PM  

  • Okay so then please tell me where this takes your mind...

    When I was working at the bank our building was a two story building but with vaulted ceilings it was bout the height of a 2 1/2 or 3 story building. Where my desk sat was along one wall that was from floor to ceiling glass. That wall abutted another wall that was the same way, floor to ceiling glass.

    When sitting at my desk, if you look up and out the window, you can see a pair of very nice running shoes hanging from the power line.

    How'd they get there and why?

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home