.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, March 19, 2005

How not to weigh tomatos

Dear Mrs Cashier

When I was in the "express lane" yesterday trying to buy cough drops and trouser socks you were, sadly, my cashier. I knew there was going to be difficulties the 3rd time you tried to weigh the tomatoes of the lady in front of me.

There was no way 4 tomatoes weighed 20 lbs, then 18 lbs, then 23 lbs. You knew this, she knew this, I knew this.

When I became impatient after 10 mins of you weighing tomatoes and asked you to "for god's sake can we please just call someone". It was not because I just wanted to leave, well not only because of that. It was also my desperate attempt to keep from screaming.. HEY LADY IF YOU KEEP YOUR FREAKING GUT OFF THE SCALE I MIGHT GET TO LEAVE.

I am a larger lady, I used to be a full fledged huge lady. I can commiserate on having a large abdomen. So, I bit my tongue (damn near off) and just asked you to get someone. Which you didn't! The woman behind me in line went to get your manager.

All in all a throughly aggravating day in line at wally world.

So, I present to you How to weigh tomatoes:

1. Place tomatoes on scale.
2. place hand firmly over do-lap belly
3. lean forward and hit key on register (checking to make sure restraining hand is doing it's job)

Ta-da! There you go.. 3 easy steps.

3 Comments:

  • Ouch. I assume the manager resolved the situation?

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 9:51 AM  

  • I am amazed one of the said tomatoes didn't meet its demize UNDER these circumstances..could have heard over speaker...TOMATOE SAUCE ACCIDENT, CLEAN UP ON, UNDER, AROUND, CHECKOUT...

    By Blogger Moon, at 12:14 PM  

  • We've been there, Done that, Luckily Everyone survived it....and yet again earlier this week---a rookie @ Wally world!

    By Blogger Love, at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home