.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Useless but fun website

Do you remember the game telephone? Where a message is passed around the group in whispers and never ends up remotely the same as it started? This is the online equivalent.

What happens when an English phrase is translated (by computer) back and forth between 5 different languages? One thing I found interesting is it shows you all the translations from start to finish. So you can see where things start to break down. And rather quickly I might add.

My example:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray.

Ends up as:

They are my sun, sun of the mine only. They emit the lucky shutdowns
the other way around to me, if the skies ash-gray are leached.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home