.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, August 19, 2004

It's official

I applied for, and was approved, for a "loan" to finance my trip up north. I wish everything else was official but there are still to many variables that I don't know the answer to for me to plan everything at this moment.

The 9th is quickly approaching and I have so much to do, arrange, and plan for. I checked out the web site for the Atlanta airport last night to check on long term parking. $9 a day! You gotta be kidding! I'm having a hard time getting used to the idea of renting a parking space for 10 days and it costing me a hundred freaking dollars! So, now who can I bum a ride from.. hmmm
Hopefully my brother will not be working and can take me to the airport.

Official panic mode .. mayday.. mayday ..
I've never flown so I have NO idea what to do at an airport, sad huh. Surfing the site helped calm me a bit. And I have plenty of time to obsess over it in the upcoming days. lol I was reading the list of things you are NOT allowed to have in your carry on baggage.. and saw .. meat cleaver. Am I the only one that wonders why this would be on the list? Seriously, how many people routinely carry meat cleavers on their person?

So far, it seems my carry on will be filled w/ electronics of various types. My PDA, GPS receiver, digital camera, rechargeable batteries and charger etc are all on the list of things not to put in checked baggage because the screening used could "potentially damage or destroy the sensitive electronic components".

Oh, Boy is this gonna be fun, fun, fun, or what! (can you feel the sarcasm?)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home