.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Saturday, July 17, 2004

I am not a pretty girl

that is not what I do
I ain't no damsel in distress
and I don't need to be rescued
so put me down punk
maybe you'd prefer a maiden fair
isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere
 
I am not an angry girl
but it seems like I've got everyone fooled
imagine you're a girl
just trying to finally come clean
knowing full well they'd prefer you
were dirty and smiling
 
and I am sorry
I am not a maiden fair
and I am not a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere
 
what if there are no damsels in distress
what if I knew that and I called your bluff?
don't you think every kitten figures out how to get down
whether or not you ever show up
 
I am not a pretty girl
I don't want to be a pretty girl
no I want to be more than a pretty girl
 
(lyrics by ani defranco)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home