.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, July 26, 2004

Distance

Distance can be a two edged sword. It can be a great thing, or a harsh mistress.

I enjoy the fact I'm a few hours away from most of my family. I don't have to worry about them just "popping up". I don't have to worry about meeting their expectations at all times. I can be me. I enjoy my quiet time... my private time... no stress, no worries. My father often asks me to move back "home" to Florida. I don't want to do that. I've gotten used to my freedom. I love him.. but his preconceived notion of who/what I am is not always correct. I'm still his "little girl" in his mind, even if I am going on 30 and have a 7 yr old son.

They say familiarity breeds contempt.. and absence makes the heart grow fonder. What do "they" know anyway? Who are "they"? I'd love nothing more than to have my beau with me at the moment. If for no other reason than to look up and see him, sitting on the couch engrossed in a book, playing with my son, or doing any of a million mundane and generally boring things. However, they would not be boring, mundane, or trivial to me. It would be looking up and seeing home. Finding myself. Satisfaction...

Oh well.. We are working toward it. Such is life.

G'night. I'm headed to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home