.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Finding history

I went on a search tonight for the "3 things I hate about you" letters that I talked about with L earlier tonight. I didn't find them (damn it) but I did find a packet of letters my mother wrote to me while I was a child. Most where during the divorce and her petitions to have the ruling of custody changed to her favor. I read them.. for the first time. Dear God. Such heartache.. and yet she even says... "I'm going to let you go. Its easier to lose one than fight for two (the second being my brother)" One day maybe I'll type them up and post them. But you know what .. she was wrong. All the "He'll never do right by you, you'll suffer, He cant nuture your talents and gifts, etc" She was wrong. Thank GOD for V. D. H. I love you dad.. I've never forgotten the lessons you've taught me, the love, the hope, the respect, the honesty, the responsibility. You've always been my cornerstone. And still are.. though we don't talk NEARLY as much as we should. I'm a pale and an incomplete mother compared to the dad you were. I still strive to be you. I always will. You are why I am what I am. I'll see you soon. I promise.

Oh and if you want to know about the 3 things I hate about you... drop me a line (comment) .. but dont be afriad.. the worst in you will be pointed out by the ones you love. It'll either make you stronger or destroy you.. NOT for the weak at heart.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home