.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Self Absorbed

My son is 11. The world still revolves around him in his view. This was perfectly expressed when he told me about a song he just couldn't stop listening to.

"It's like the song is addicted to me." *snicker not quite kid*

--------
In other news my mom sent a care package up that had instant grits among other things. I brought in a few packs to work. No one here's ever had them, seen them, or really even knew what they were.

So when I came in with the packages they all crowded around to look at them.

I made a few bowls and we all sampled them. The overall decision "good, but different".

-------
It still seems strange to see snow in May. It's 90% melted off, but still! It's MAY!

But that's life in the far north. So goes.

4 Comments:

  • Our snow only just dissappeared in the last 3 weeks. As we had gotten over 10 feet snow fall this yr out east...when we left for our holiday to France on april 12th, we still had over 4 feet of snow in the back yard and a 6 foot bank still sat in front of the house...was so weird to arrive last saturday..with ALL THE SNOW GONE!..kinda surreal lol.

    By Blogger Moon, at 9:02 PM  

  • I still haven't had grits!

    By Blogger Anna, at 12:34 AM  

  • I"m glad u got the package. Now you can taste a little of home, grits , redbeans-n-rice..just like you were drooling over the last time we talked on the phone.P/S how did les like the ice pack :) love you all, mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

  • Happy Mother's Day, Red!

    By Blogger Justice, at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home