.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, April 21, 2008

Lofty Dreams


This past weekend we bought my son a loft bed. He didn't know about it. We sent him off to the movies and when he returned his old double bed was gone and his room seemed to have doubled in size.

This bed is only a twin, but hey he's 11. I slept in a twin daybed until I moved out. Almost everyone I know had a twin. In fact, I think a twin bed is one obsticules you have to overcome on your way to being an adult. The day when the knowledge you can have sex isn't enough to make you want to do in a twin bed could well be one of the signs of adulthood.

Either way... We got it assembled and put his toybox and book shelf underneath with a beanbag chair. Now he has even more floor to throw his clothes on... Sigh

My son's words, "It's cool and kinda scary." So there you have it.

1 Comments:

  • Well he's right, it does looks scary and cool all at the same time.

    My kids have twins too, Josh didn't get a queen size bed until last year.

    Hope everyone is doing well.

    *hugs*

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home