.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Arrangements and apologies

On behalf of Renee and myself, I should offer apologies for not letting those that read this regularly know that we are going to be getting married. We were trying to arrange flights for myself from the armpit of the frozen north. We also had to break the news to my family, which was a bit of a challenge, as they weren't very enthusiastic when we planned this last time. In retrospect, I sort of think that they were concerned about my ill health, as it was discovered that I had Lofgren's syndrome. You can easily find that on the internet. However, this has passed, and if we don't have raw excitement from my family, so it goes. At least they aren't rattling my chain over it. I cannot tell you how happy I am about marrying this lady. It's been a long time coming, and I'm just now getting impatient to travel down to join hands and hearts with the one that I love.

The one thing that we couldn't arrange was getting my daughter to come. She is in her last year of high school, and has dreams of being a social worker. She told me that she couldn't afford the time off from school, and I can't begrudge her that. She has her future to think of. Although, in my secret heart, I think she is saying that to ease my conscience somewhat. Flights are expensive, and between all of us, it would have been challenging (but not unattainable) to fly her down. We thought we had it figured out. Still and all, it won't be an ornate ceremony, but it will be very nice. I'll let my fiancee' describe some of the things we'll be doing in 11 days; she's more literate than me. Thanks to you all for your good wishes to this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home