.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Friday, September 29, 2006

Random realizations

If your trying to find a Starbucks** and you see two Car-Title-Loan places... Turn around. If the neighborhood is hawking car titles, they can't afford a $6 coffee.

I was leaving a gas station one morning and pushed on the "Pull" door. I am pathetic enough that: 1. I actually noticed the "Pull" sticker. 2. I was directing sarcasm at myself. "Oh yeah, I'm a rebel now. I pushed the PULL side, where's my Harley!"

Kids have brain functions that make it physically impossible for them to comprehend the put-it-back-where-you-found-it philosophy. Need proof? I submit as evidence the question my son asked me a few days ago:

Son: Mom?
Me: Yes.
Son: Why don't you ever take a bath, or even a shower?
Me: wh-wha.. WHAT?! I take my bath while you are sleeping.
Son: No you don't. Everytime I get in the shower the soap, shampoo, and all that stuff is always where it was when I got out the last time.

Me: (why me, why me!!!) That's because I put things back where they belong! Hard to believe I know.
Son: (looking at me skeptically)
Me: Ok.. Do I smell like -name of the mentally challenged handyman guy that lives near us-?
Son: No.
Me: Exactly!

---fast forward to this morning---
My son wakes up and sees me with wet hair and wrapped in a towel as I duck into my room

Son: Wow! You really DO take baths!

humph. Yes, yes! He's still alive.


----------------
**(incidentally, I'd always wondered why I got the impression the Starbucks chick in the logo seemed to be tucking her legs behind her head. Seems I wasn't far off. This is a good article about the evolution of the logo)

3 Comments:

  • I have never been to a starbucks or seen any here anyway lol, so that was a total education for me lol

    By Blogger Moon, at 6:36 PM  

  • I need to start drinking coffee before I visit a starbucks. Though I cant see myself paying so much for coffee.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 12:21 AM  

  • Not drinking coffee is anathema. And I cannot believe that Moon has never seen a Starbucks; I thought they were a fixture in major cities. But, on the other hand, I have never had a proper bagel; Moon is one up on me.

    By Blogger Student of Life, at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home