.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Season(ings)s Greetings

Mr. Dill bumps into Rosemary at the post office.

Hi Rosemary, how have you been? Oh I see you brought the baby. How is little Habanera today?

Ok so I’m odd... this we all know. But every time I hear people say ‘seasons greetings" I can’t help but imagine a conversation similar to the above.

Is this some kind of super political correctness? Is Happy Holidays not quite generic and inoffensive enough? Did someone complain that they didn’t believe in ANY of the holidays and were "offended"? If so, too freaking bad! Get over it!

2 Comments:

  • I don't know. I've used them rather interchangeably, depending upon the audience. When I'm not familiar with the audience, I go with Season's Greetings because there ARE some muslims who will not have a celebration this month.

    That being said, I'm not the least bit bothered to let a Merry Christmas rip when I feel like it. ;)

    -G

    By Blogger DementedPhotographer, at 7:30 PM  

  • Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Joyeux Noel (Moonie'll correct that if I fucked up the spelling), Happy Yule, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Christmas, Mazeltov...

    the generic is good sometimes...
    I try not to say more then
    Bah-Fucking-Humbug!!!

    LOL

    By Blogger The Witch Doctor, at 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home