.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Friday, January 26, 2007

Grrr

I've lived in my current rental property for almost 10 years. I've maintained an aloof personality, with the understanding of my landlord.

She has advised new tenants that I'm a very private person; I do NOT allow intrusion in my life; She supported that.

However... Once in the last 10 years a situation has occurred that I, at great personal expense, involved myself in. I've never done so since.. the last "situation" broke into my house and stole my .38 gun and all alcohol in the house.. They didn't touch the many $1000's of dollars worth of electronics..... just the gun and alcohol. HUMPH


Still.. Even since.. 6 years later I've found myself, or maybe inserted myself, in a situation that I feel needs an "older, calmer head" (I'm 30, but far older.. and calmer than the others) to weigh the situation.

Damn it.. I'm a sucker for a young person in need of advice, for many many reasons, some personal... . Just .. Just don't ask me my opinion, or advice... ..

I should be a hermit! ARGGG!

-------------
To be fair.. I've not posted much online lately.

I've been trying to minimize a deep depression I've been battling for the last 3 or 5 months. Alot of it has to do with me not being able to be with my husband when he needs me.. or visa versa. So... If I've I known and loved you.. and havent talked to you lately.. .. Well, I'm sorry.

Sometimes faking it can become a form of hiding.. self protection even.. even if I've only protected myself from you.

2 Comments:

  • I guess I can try to understand that but friends can also just be there..if to just gab about stuff with no importance..to take ones mind off things.
    But thats just me.....
    Friends can also just try to be supportive.....we all go through things and can use as much support possible each our turn as friends. It may not change things but it can still make a difference in how we feel for a few moments.
    It goes both ways...u may have some friends that need to hear from you sometimes also. FYI (have u taken a gander at my blog lately)

    By Blogger Moon, at 3:54 PM  

  • It's hard to put yourself in a vulnerable situation once you've been burned. I think we've all been in that spot at least once. What you have to keep in mind though is that there are people who are worth the risk.

    I'm sorry you've been going through a tough time, hiding out is something I understand well. When you're ready to be out here again you have friends who care and support you even if it's just by letting you know you're thought of.

    *hugs*

    By Blogger Anna, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home