.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Sunday, January 07, 2007

ARRGGG .. Grammar

Ok.. Anyone that has read this site for any long time knows I'm not a Grammar Slut...

But.. But..

I was watching a CNN report about the Denver Area Blizzard and the CNN chick said

"Is there any injury?"

I received a phone call this evening, and this came up in the conversation. The CNN reporter was interviewing a woman who had seen the results of a major series of slides on the road going to a ski resort. I discerned from my love that the woman being interviewed was not highly educated. So the answers to the proffered questions were less than stellar, perhaps. What REALLY surprised me was the way the reporter posed the question! I think my belle repeated it as "Is there any injuries?" Hello!? These are journalists schooled in this sort of speech? Common speech among folk is one thing (I is goin' to the Walmart.), but trained speakers? People that have taken some kind of Journalism course in a college or university? I have to say.....I is appalled!

1 Comments:

  • Reminds me of a bumpersticker I read recently:

    Ax me about Ebonics

    By Blogger JustSue, at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home