.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Letters to Nowhere

Monday, August 02, 2004

Courtesy

Where has common courtesy gone? Has it fled the planet forever?

I had a call today where I work. I was the paragon of professional, friendly, and efficient service. The last question asked of me I answered and the heifer hung up on me.. loudly.

So I did what any self respecting customer service rep would do.. I thought "oh shit.. I didn't have a chance to thank her for calling ABC insurance" So I jumped online looked up the "billy bob's buy here pay here" car dealership she was calling from and called her back.

I said: Hi Raina, Its (Red Clover) from ABC insurance. It occurred to me that you hung up on me before I had a chance to Thank you for calling ABC insurance! (in that bright airline stewardess, grating on your nerves overly happy voice, dripping with sarcasm, but still SO proper)

Then I said, Have a nice day! and hung up...

I can deal with just about anything thing. But don't hang up on me when I've been nothing but nice, helpful and friendly. grrrrr

So how was your day?

1 Comments:

  • Red, I know Exactly how you feel. But for some reason, Most everyone has lost or forgotten their manners.. Rudeness seems to be a on-going trend! Good Luck and Try not to kill anyone. *Big Grin* Laters..

    By Blogger Love, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home